A healthy version to a cheeky favourite, give it a go, let us know what you think!
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup Organic Cacao Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bi-Carb Soda
- Pinch of ﬁne Himalayan Rock Salt
- 3 free-range eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, solid
- 1 tbsp Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 tbsp Organic Brown Rice Syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp organic plant-based milk of choice OR 2 tbsp brewed coffee, cooled (for a “mocha” brownie)
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 165°C. Line and lightly grease a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Combine coconut ﬂour, cacao powder, bi-carb soda and salt in a large bowl. Cream together coconut oil and coconut sugar in a small bowl until combined and smooth (you can use a spatula or an electric beater).
- Mix in the brown rice syrup and vanilla extract.
- Add the lightly whisked eggs to the ﬂour mixture and stir through.
- Then add the coconut oil mixture to the ﬂour mixture, fold through and combine well. Do not over mix.
- Add the milk 1 tablespoon at a time and slowly incorporate.
- Pour brownie mix into the prepared baking tin and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until ﬁrm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and let cool before slicing.